So you have a dinner with your husband's boss and his wife scheduled? Or maybe a night out with the girls (GNO) - something you have not done since college? Heaven forbid!!!
Besides putting together the perfect ensemble, the Coco Mother has ANOTHER hurdle (as if she did not have enough) to deal with once seated...
What cocktail to order?
First, the DON'T order list:
1) White wine spritzer
3) White zinfandel
With that out of the way, let's get a drink!
1) Margarita - You cannot go wrong with this cocktail at casual occasions. Hint: Get it on the rocks (using Patron) and with salt. Nothing says college like the frozen version.
2) Mojito - Some say this rum, lime and mint concoction is the "new margarita" in suburbia. Who knows? Who cares? They are delicious!
3) Martini - a dozen versions and all sound good at a semi formal occasion. Avoid trendy brands when in mixed company such as the Cosmo or Apple-tini. Stick instead with the classic gin or vodka standards.
4) Tie: Salty Dog, Vodka Tonic (think Grey Goose!), Gin and Tonic, Gimlet, Manhattan (think Bombay Sapphire!) - Order a drink like your mother would have done 30 years ago! Timeless oozes good breeding.
5) Champagne Cocktail - The classic for formal occasions - champagne and chambord in a fluted glass (a.k.a. Kir Royale). You can never go wrong with this one.
Ahh... Friday...Date Night, GNO, MNO,.. just go forth and enjoy! Cheers.